The Myriad Centre is indebted to our donors, without whose support the essential care that we provide to young people with profound and complex needs would not be possible.
Mudnificent 7 2019
A huge thank you to all supporters and participants of Mudnificent 7 2019 - over £3,000 raised and a good time was had by all!
What is Mudnificent Seven?
The Mudnificent Seven is a unique obstacle course race over 7km based Meriden near Solihull. The great thing is that you don’t have to be super-fit to take part. It’s suitable for all ages and abilities; run or walk it, the key thing is to have fun as you take part in seven individually designed physical challenges across the park.
The Myriad Centre took a team of staff and friends to take part in this event on 17th August 2019.
How will this help the Myriad Centre?
The Myriad Centre needs to raise £20,000 as our own contribution towards replacing our existing, and increasingly ageing, Lord’s Taverners minibus. We have already raised some £17,500 – so by taking part in this event, you could help us reach our target and have a new bus in place by the end of the year. Our minibuses are at the heart of the service we provide to local clients and their families; collecting them from home and taking part in activities across the County every week.
"I think Oli has a great time doing all the different things that Myriad offer. I believe he really loves sporty days ie. rounders, golf, bowling etc. It is fantastic that he can access these, through Myriad."
- Oliver's Mum
- Activity holidays for our clients
- Sports equipment and specialist coaching
- Music equipment and activities
- Sensory installations for our garden
- Additional equipment for our sensory room
- Hydrotherapy visits
- Support from a specialist sensory activity leader
Trusts and foundations
Michael Marsh Charitable Trust
Rotary Club of Worcester
The Bransford Trust
The James Frederick and Ethel Anne Measures Charity
The Peter Harrison Foundation
The Rowlands Trust
Our promise to our supporters
At The Myriad Centre we are greatly appreciative of the unstinting support we receive from grant-making trusts, organisations, companies, schools and individuals. Your support and encouragement enable us to fulfil our mission to sustain and develop our Wellbeing Programme for each of our clients and their families so that we can provide a culture which is inclusive, enabling and enriching, where individuals are valued and respected.
We want to ensure that as an intrinsic part of our fundraising activities that you enjoy your association with The Myriad Centre and that you are communicated with in the way that is right for you. Our promise to you is that:
- we will treat our donors and prospective donors with respect. Every effort will be made to honour your requests regarding:
- the receipt and/or frequency of requests for donations
- contact by telephone, email, social media or other technology
- receipt of printed material concerning The Myriad Centre
- our database is kept closely under review to ensure that we have correct contact details for you and that contact is made with you according to your wishes.
- we will keep your personal details safe and we will never share or sell your details to any other organisation
- you can contact us at any time to let us know how you would like to be communicated with or if you would prefer not to be contacted.
- we will ensure that fundraising approaches on behalf of The Myriad Centre will:
- be truthful
- accurately describe the intended use of donated funds
- include a statement that The Myriad Centre is a registered charity
- provide the opportunity for you to opt out of receiving communications
- respect the dignity and privacy of those who benefit from fundraising activities
- we will communicate appropriately and sensitively and be especially careful when engaging with vulnerable people.
- if you have any questions about our fundraising activities and costs we will answer them openly and truthfully. See our 2015 / 2016 annual reports
- we adopt best fundraising practice as set out by regulatory bodies and will continue to do so as these are updated.
- we make your donation count
- we will keep you up-to-date with stimulating news about our clients’ activities that you are supporting and the work of the Care Team at Myriad.
✓ if you would like to talk to us about an aspect of our fundraising activities, our Fundraising Development Officer is always happy to help. Please contact her on 01905 729129 or email firstname.lastname@example.org